This is an archived article that was published on in 2015, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Thousands of Utahns participated Saturday in the 19th annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure to raise funds for the organization's mission to end breast cancer.

Komen Utah is one of the group's 125 affiliates. Through events like the Race for the Cure, Komen Utah has invested $5.6 million in Utah breast cancer programs since its inception.

Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated stays in Utah. The remaining 25 percent funds national breast cancer research.

For more information, call 801-733-4815 or visit