Home » News
Home » News

Fire leaves four in Ogden without home

Published February 21, 2012 1:24 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A fire at an Ogden duplex Tuesday morning displaced four residents, but no injuries were reported.

Three cats were unaccounted for after the blaze was extinguished, according to Ogden City Fire Battalion Chief Corey J. Barton.

At 10:43 a.m., firefighters responded to 146 E. 30th St., where there were flames and smoke coming from the building.

An off-duty Morgan County sheriff's deputy had stopped and was evacuating the neighboring homes.

The fire, which caused an estimated $85,000 in damages to one unit but did not spread to the other, was under investigation.

The blaze appears to have started in a natural gas heater installed under the floor, located in the living room, Barton said.

The residents were receiving assistance from the Red Cross.





Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus