A South Salt Lake man was taken to the hospital with burns on half his body after his mobile home exploded early Tuesday morning.
Fire crews were called to the home just after 7 a.m. South Salt Lake Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Bowman said a propane tank likely exploded in the mobile home, located near 100 W. 3300 South.
Bowman said that when fire crews arrived on scene, they found the destroyed trailer, but very few flames. Once they were able to get inside the home, they found a man with second- and third-degree burns on about 50 percent of his body. He was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. He remained in critical condition Tuesday afternoon, Bowman said.