This is an archived article that was published on in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Salt Lake City firefighters doused a grass fire sparked by a blown power transformer Monday morning, dispatchers said.

It started shortly after 7 a.m. Monday near 932 E. Chandler Drive (450 North). Crews were focused on protecting nearby homes from the approximately quarter-acre blaze, and it was out before 8 a.m.

comments powered by Disqus