Home » News
Home » News

Boy playing with matches sets Pleasant Grove house on fire

Published August 19, 2012 5:21 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 5-year-old boy playing with matches sparked a fire in his Pleasant Grove home Saturday and caused $190,000 worth of damage.

Pleasant Grove Fire Capt. Corey Cluff said firefighters were called to the home, near 400 E. 1560 North, about 2 p.m.

Cluff said the boy was playing with matches in the garage and some material on fire. Plastics inside the garage fueled the blaze, which eventually spread to the attic of the home.

The home is a total loss.

Cluff said neighbors used garden hoses to try to put out the fire before crews arrived, and it took about 30 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the blaze.

The boy was uninjured, and everyone inside were able to get out before the fire overtook the home.





Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus