Six people were displaced Thursday after an intense fire damaged two Taylorsville homes.
Investigators suspect a home project involving heated glass and rubbing alcohol in the garage of a house at 3785 W. Dimrall Dr. (5585 South) started the blaze. A resident of the home had been working on the project about 30 minutes before the fire was reported at about 2:10 p.m.
Firefighters declared a two-alarm fire en route to the house and when they arrived, saw flames "burning intensely" through the roof of the garage, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Cliff Burningham. There were no vehicles in the garage, as it was mostly used as a work station, but there were oxygen and propane tanks that would have accelerated the fire, Burningham said.