The UEA also presented Honor Roll awards to Arch Coal in recognition of its commitment to Utah teachers and schools. And it presented an Honor Roll award to Sen. Aaron Osmond, R-South Jordan, for his work to pass a public education employment reform law this year, working in collaboration with teachers.
A Charles E. Bennett Human and Civil Rights Award was also given to Forrest Crawford, Weber State University assistant to the president for diversity.
Excellence in Teaching award winners are:
· Melissa Atwood, math teacher at Woods Cross High School, Davis School District
· Beckey Carson, special education teacher at Granger High School, Granite School District
· William "Schipper" Clawson, self-contained elementary teacher at Oak Springs School, Provo City School District
· Robyn Esplin, third-grade teacher at Garland Elementary School, Box Elder School District
· Daniel Harnsberger, history and language arts teacher at Horizonte School, Salt Lake City School District
· Donna Hunter, English teacher at Herriman High School, Jordan School District
· Andrea Jill Krogue, kindergarten teacher at Columbia Elementary, Jordan School District
· Kristin Snow, sixth-grade science teacher at Fossil Ridge Intermediate School, Washington County School District
· LuAnn Sorensen, special education preschool teacher at Ferron Elementary School, Emery County School District
· Anna Martinez Williams, ESL teacher and instructional coach at Park City High School, Park City School District