"I noticed I was around the ball a lot," Woodyard said.
The Saints managed just one first down, rushed for only 51 yards and didn't reach the red zone until just before the two-minute warning Sunday night.
Woodyard was the biggest reason for that. Yet he's not one to bask in the afterglow of his monster prime-time performance.
"I've still got a lot to do to get better," Woodyard said. "It's definitely one of the games I'll look back on and say I made a lot of plays. But I only focus on those few plays that I gave up."
Around the league
Buccaneers • The Tampa has placed guard Carl Nicks, an All-Pro last season, on injured reserve. They also put tight end Danny Noble on IR. Nicks, an All-Pro with the Saints in 2011 before signing with the Bucs as a free agent, will require surgery on his left foot to repair a toe problem.
Chiefs • Matt Cassel will start Thursday night's game at San Diego because Brady Quinn has not been cleared to practice due to a concussion, regaining the starting job at least for one week that he lost after a dismal five-game stretch to start the season.
Week 9 schedule
• Kansas City at San Diego, 6:20 p.m., NFL Network
• Arizona at Green Bay, 11 a.m.
• Chicago at Tennessee, 11 a.m.
• Buffalo at Houston, 11 a.m.
• Carolina at Washington, 11 a.m.
• Detroit at Jacksonville, 11 a.m.
• Denver at Cincinnati, 11 a.m.
• Baltimore at Cleveland, 11 a.m.
• Miami at Indianapolis, 11 a.m.
• Minnesota at Seattle, 2 p.m.
• Tampa Bay at Oakland, 2 p.m.
• Pittsburgh at N.Y. Giants, 2:25 p.m.
• Dallas at Atlanta, 6:20 p.m.
Open • N.Y. Jets, New England, San Francisco, St. Louis
• Philadelphia at New Orleans, 6:30 p.m., ESPN