This year, reviews were accessed more than 1.9 million times. The overviews on more than 69,000 firms list when a company started business, the principal officer, basic contact information, complaint information, government actions if applicable and advertising review issues. In addition, reviews offer a grade fro A+ to F, based on 16 factors.
In 2012, for the third year in a row, burglar alarm companies drew the most complaints, with 1,825. Although the resolution rate for alarm companies improved, the number of complaints rose by more than 61 percent. Nearly 97 percent of the complaints were resolved.
Complaints against alarm companies usually involve sales issues, billing and contract renewal.
The second-highest number of complaints, 380, were logged against loan mortgage audits, or companies that promise to examine payments to make sure the amount is applied correctly.
Other industries that made the BBB's list, in order of the number of complaints, were:
• Health and medical products, primarily those making promises about weight loss, with trial offers and hidden monthly fees
• Training program companies, such as firms offering instructions on how to start a business or make money on the Internet
• Billing services, primarily gym-related
• Exercise equipment and machine sales
• Computers, hardware, software and services
• Credit repair services
• Emergency disaster preparedness equipment and sales
• Automobile dealers, new vehicles.
The BBB of Utah online
O Go to http://utah.bbb.org
Top 10 complaints list, go to http://bit.ly/UtIaC1