Home » News
Home » News

Propane torch sparks Murray house fire

Published January 7, 2013 8:03 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A Murray man trying to thaw gutters on his home accidentally set the residence on fire.

The man was using propane torch on the roof of his home, 5450 S. Riley Lane (200 West), just after 7 p.m. Monday when the eaves of the home caught fire, Murray Fire Department spokesman Russ Groves said.

The fire spread into the attic, but was extinguished within abut 30 minutes, Groves said.

No one was injured.

A preliminary estimate places the damage at about $20,000, Groves said.

The resident may be temporarily displaced because of the fire, he said.





Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus