An Orem family of seven lost their home Tuesday afternoon to a fire.
The father had been working in the garage with a propane space heater and went inside the house for a few minutes, only to return to the garage to find that the heater had caught it on fire, said police spokesman Sgt. Craig Martinez. He tried to put out the fire himself, but when he realized it was out of his hands, he got his wife and two of their children out of the home without any injuries.
The two children who were home are either infants or toddlers, and their other three children were at school, Martinez said.