This is an archived article that was published on in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Workers should be getting W-2 forms in the mail, the official statement that verifies wages and taxes for the year. Employers were supposed to send them out by the end of January, but what if yours is late?

The Internal Revenue Service advises first contacting your employer to make sure the document has been mailed and that it was sent to your current mailing address.

If the form still doesn't come, the next step would be to call the IRS at 800-829-1040. The agency will want your name, address, Social Security number and phone number, along with your employer's name, address and phone number; your employment dates; and your estimated wages in 2012, information you can find on your final pay stub.

Even if you don't have a W-2 in hand, you should still file your tax return by April 15 or request an extension.

For more information, check out or call 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676). —-

For assistance

O Go to or call 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676)

comments powered by Disqus