This is an archived article that was published on in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A gas leak Thursday drove 35 people from two student housing buildings at the University of Utah.

It happened about noon at neighboring buildings on the 2100 block of Red Butte Road, on the east side of campus. The buildings were evacuated for about 1 1/2 hours until Questar fixed the leak.

More than 120 students live in the two buildings, but most were in class, said Remi Barron, a U. spokesman.

"Anytime anyone smells gas, they err on the side of caution," he said. The cause wasn't immediately clear.

comments powered by Disqus