Police and firefighters rushed to the scene of what was initially reported as an explosion at a St. George hotel late Tuesday morning.
However, St. George police Sgt. Sam Despain said there had been no big blast, as feared, just a smaller, unspecified bang perhaps involving a minor natural gas leak in the kitchen of the Lexington Hotel, 850 S. Bluff Street, about 8 a.m.
"A maintenance worker was doing work in the kitchen. Apparently there was a gas leak in the wall which was ignited," Despain said.