Home » News
Home » News

Elderly man severely burned in Hyrum

Published April 3, 2013 4:43 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

An elderly Hyrum man suffered third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body after his clothing caught fire while he was trying to burn weeds at his home.

Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Brian Locke said Ray Jessop, 81, was using a propane torch along his fence when he was engulfed in flames about 11 a.m. Wednesday.

A neighbor boy came to the man's aid, calling 911 for help.

Jessop first was rushed to Logan Regional Hospital and then flown by helicopter to the University of Utah Burn Center in Salt Lake City, where he was listed in extremely critical condition.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus