A home in a remote area of Cache County was heavily damaged in a two-alarm fire late Tuesday night, but no injuries were reported.
Public safety dispatchers said the 911 call came in at 9:30 p.m. from a home in the tiny hamlet of Petersboro, 43 N. 5545 West. Crews responded quickly, but the house was fully engulfed in flames upon their arrival.
Hindering firefighting efforts was the lack of fire hydrants in the area; water tender trucks had to be used to pump water onto the flames. Crews also were concerned initially with the presence of a large propane tank on the property.