A gas leak in Midvale prompted brief evacuations in the Salt Lake County Public Works offices.
Unified Fire Authority Battalion Chief Lee Ascarte said office buildings in the vicinity of 7125 S. 600 West had to be evacuated. In all, 250 people were emptied out of their workplaces for about 90 minutes. The leak did not affect any residences, Ascarte said.
Hazardous materials crews from UFA ventilated the buildings to make sure there was no gas inside. The area was cleared and the evacuations were lifted at about 1 p.m.