Home » News
Home » News

Homeless man in serious condition after downtown Salt Lake City stabbing

Published October 2, 2013 7:34 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Salt Lake City police were seeking to unravel the details of a knife attack that left a man seriously injured Wednesday morning.

Public safety dispatchers confirmed a 911 call reporting a stabbing came in at 2:35 a.m. Responding police officers found a pool of blood and followed the blood trail to find the 22-year-old victim, bleeding from a head wound, on the west side of the homeless shelter at 245 S. 500 West, said Detective Cody Lougy.

The man, whose identity was not released, was taken to the hospital and initially reported to be in "very serious" condition, according to the police. Later Wednesday, he was stabilized and his condition was upgraded, Lougy said.

No arrests were made and no suspects were identified. Police have only a partial description of the alleged suspect, Lougy said.

Police did not immediately release further details on the incident or specifics about the victim's injuries.

The victim "is not being very cooperative" with investigators, Lougy said.

— Reporter Michael McFall contributed to this story.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus