Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Men's Wearhouse rejects bid from Jos. A. Bank

Published October 9, 2013 8:20 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

New York • Men's Wearhouse says its board has rejected an unsolicited $2.3 billion bid by rival Jos. A. Bank to acquire the men's wear chain. It says the offer wasn't in the best interest of the company or its shareholders.

In a news release issued Wednesday, the company says the offer "significantly undervalues Men's Wearhouse and its strong prospects for continued growth and value creation."

The rejection comes after Jos. A. Bank Clothiers made public earlier Wednesday that it had made the offer last month.



The Hampstead, Md.,-based Jos. A. Bank said it offered to pay $48 in cash for each share of Men's Wearhouse.

 

 

 

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus