Ogden firefighters rushed to the scene of a mobile home fire, fearing they were too late to save a mother and child reported still inside the inferno.
When the flames from the 6:09 p.m. Thursday blaze at Washington Estates mobile home park (1400 North Washington Blvd.) were extinguished, however, crews breathed easier: no one was found inside, though the family dog was discovered dead in the smoldering ruins.
"Initial reports indicated that an occupant may be trapped inside the home [and] fire rescue crews made a rapid entry searching the home while other firefighters battled the fire," a relieved Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman said Friday. "Fortunately no occupants were inside the home and the occupants were all accounted for shortly after outside of the home."