Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Morning fire destroys Provo mobile home

Published January 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Fire • Three escape injury when the mother discovered the blaze.
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A Provo woman and her two daughters escaped injury Saturday morning when a fire erupted in their mobile home trailer.

Leticia Quesada alerted her two daughters, Kenya Huertado and Giselle Huertado, when she smelled the smoke, and the three escaped the trailer at 850 W. Columbia Lane, #29, about 12:15 a.m., according to Provo Fire officials.

Firefigters from three stations responded and extinguished the blaze in about 30 minutes. Damage was estimated at about $80,000, and officials believe the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the trailer.



The American Red Cross has assisted Quesada and her family with shelter.

vince@sltrib.com

Twitter: @ohmytech

 

 

 

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus