This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Among the favorites in the women's skeleton competition is Utah mother of two Noelle Pikus-Pace, but whether she's up to the challenge remains to be seen.
After finishing fourth in Vancouver four years ago, Pikus-Pace retired from the sport only to change her mind, make a comeback and become a top contender in Sochi. But she's nursing a back injury and didn't even take all of her practice runs earlier this week.
NBC will have taped highlights in primetime.
NBC DAYTIME • 2-4 p.m., Ch. 5: Men's biathlon/20km individual gold medal final; luge - team relay gold medal final runs
NBC PRIMETIME • 7-10:30 p.m., Ch. 5: Men's figure skating/short program; men's freestyle skiing/slopestyle gold medal final; women's speed skating/1000m gold medal final; women's skeleton
NBC LATE NIGHT • 11:05 p.m.-12:05 a.m., Ch. 5: Women's short track speedskating/500m gold medal final; men's short track speedskating/5000m relay competition
• 12:05- 3:30 a.m., Ch. 5 • Repeat of NBC primetime
NBCSN • 5:30-8 a.m.: Men's hockey/USA vs. Slovakia (live)
• 8 a.m.-1 p.m.: Men's figure skating/short program (live)
• 1-3 p.m.: Hockey repeat
• 3-5 p.m.: Hockey/game of the day
• 1-3 a.m. (early Friday): Men's curling/USA vs. Germany
• 3-5:30 a.m. (early Friday): Men's cross-country skiing/15km classical gold medal final (live)
MSNBC • 5:30-8 a.m.: Men's hockey/Russia vs. Slovenia (live)
• 8-10 a.m.: Men's curling/Canada vs. Denmark
• 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Women's hockey: Russia vs. Sweden (live)
• 1-3:30 a.m. (early Friday): Men's hockey/Latvia vs. Switzerland
CNBC • 3-6 p.m.: Women's curling/USA vs. Japan
USA • 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Men's hockey/Canada vs. Norway (live)
• 3-6 a.m. (early Friday): Women's curling/USA vs. Denmark (live)