Home » News
Home » News

Salt Lake City cops Taser man after window-breaking rampage

Published March 13, 2014 9:13 am

Crime •
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A Salt Lake City man, enraged after an argument with his girlfriend, allegedly went on a rampage that ended when police repeatedly shocked him with a Taser.

Salt Lake City police Detective Veronica Montoya said the incident occurred about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday near 300 South and 900 East. Officers responding to a 911 call reported they found the 41-year-old man had broken out the windows of two cars and then smashed windows in four nearby homes before fleeing the scene.

However, while officers investigated, the suspect returned to his home and, with a pocketknife in each hand, confronted police. Feeling threatened, one of the officers fired his Taser, but it did not stop the man. Police used the Taser again and then took the man into custody.

He remained in the Salt Lake County jail on Thursday in lieu of more than $3,100 bail. He was booked on suspicion of third-degree felony criminal mischief, class A misdemeanor use of a weapon in a threatening manner and class B misdemeanor counts of interfering with and resisting police.


Twitter: @remims




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus