This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
The University of Colorado women's basketball team defeated Southern Utah 79-68 in the second round of the WNIT on Saturday night in Boulder, Colo.
Carli Moreland scored 17 points, and Desiree Jackson added 16 for SUU (23-10), which saw its most successful season end.
Arielle Roberson tallied 15 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks for the Buffaloes (19-14).
Louisiana Tech 79, Georgia 71 • In Athens, Ga., Alex Hamilton scored 20 points and Louisiana Tech held a 26-point lead in the first half before holding off a late Georgia comeback for a victory in the second round of the NIT. Louisiana Tech (29-7) made seven of its first eight 3-point attempts.
• Louisiana Tech 79, Georgia 71
• Illinois at Clemson, 9 a.m.
• St. Mary's at Minnesota, 1 p.m.
• So. Miss at Missouri, 3 p.m.
• Indiana 72, Marquette 69
• Colorado 79, SUU 68
• George Washington at Villanova, 11 a.m.
• Stetson at South Florida, noon
• Creighton at South Dakota State, 1 p.m.
• IUPUI at Northwestern, 1 p.m.
• Princeton at Seton Hall, 3 p.m.
• SMU at Minnesota, 4 p.m.