Air quality officials testified that such an increase makes almost no difference in emissions
Herbert signed five bills relating to veterans issues, including a HB275, declaring March 29 as Vietnam Veterans Recognition Day. The governor has a ceremonial signing of the bill scheduled for Saturday to mark the date.
SB16 creates a state grant program for veterans to attend college, SB68 creates a study on how the state could establish veterans centers at Utah's higher education institutions, and SB96 sets up a system where donors can contribute goods to veterans and their families.
The governor also signed HB39, sponsored by Rep. Douglas Sagers, R-Tooele, requires anyone spending more than $1,000 on an election campaign to report that expenditure to the lieutenant governor's office.
SB40, sponsored by Sen. Pat Jones, D-Holladay, establishes a financial literacy course to be taught to Utah high school students as part of the school curriculum.
SB58, sponsored by Sen. Jim Dabakis, D-Salt Lake City, requires schools to be equipped with carbon-monoxide detectors. Last year, dozens of children were sickened by a carbon-monoxide leak at Montezuma Creek Elementary School.
And SB70, sponsored by Sen. Deidre Henderson, R-Spanish Fork, directs state government to create a central portal for all records requests submitted to executive branch agencies, school districts, municipalities and special service districts.
Herbert has now signed 117 of the 486 bills passed by the Legislature during its recent 45-day session.
Other bills signed by the governor Thursday and Friday are:
• HB14 - Administrative Rulemaking Amendments by Rep. Curt Oda, R-Clearfield;
• HB18 - Driver License Amendments by Rep. Steve Handy, R-Layton;
• HB25 - Eminent Domain Amendments by Rep. Lee Perry, R-Perry;
• HB62 - Recreational Vehicle Title Amendments by Rep. Don Ipson, R-St. George;
• HB92s1 - Utah Education and Telehealth Network Amendments by Rep. Ronda Menlove, R-Garland;
• HB111 - School Building Costs Reporting by Rep. Jon Knotwell, R-Herriman;
• HB273 - Property Tax Residential Exemption Amendments by Rep. Lowry Snow, R-St. George;
• HB339 - County Budget Amendments by Rep. Jennifer Seelig, D-Salt Lake City;
• HB346 - Foster Children Amendments by Rep. Johnny Anderson, R-Taylorsville;
• HCR2 - Concurrent Resolution Designating Identify Your Pet Day by Rep. Angela Romero, D-Salt Lake City;
• HCR4 - Concurrent Resolution Recognizing the 20th Anniversary of the School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration by Rep. Mel Brown, R-Coalville;
• SB29 - Controlled Substance Database Amendments by Sen. Allen Christensen, R-Ogden;
• SB38s1 - Snow College Concurrent Education Program by Sen. Ralph Okerlund, R-Monroe;
• SB50 - Transition for Repealed Navajo Trust Fund Act by Sen. David Hinkins, R-Orangeville;
• SB55s2 - Pharmaceutical Dispensing Amendments by Sen. Evan Vickers, R-Cedar City;
• SB56s1 - Risk Management Amendments by Sen. Curt Bramble, R-Provo;
• SB105 - Financial Disclosure Reporting Amendments by Sen. Margaret Dayton, R-Orem;
• SB129s2 - Insurance Amendments by Sen. Curt Bramble, R-Provo;
• SB138 - Controlled Substances Act Amendments by Sen. Evan Vickers, R-Cedar City;
• SB145 - Background Check Amendments by Sen. Curt Bramble, R-Provo;
• SB149s1 - Drowsy Driving Amendments by Sen. Aaron Osmond, R-South Jordan;
• SB156 - Construction Trades Licensing Act Amendments by Sen. Curt Bramble, R-Provo;
• SB160 - Workers' Compensation Amendments by Sen. John Valentine, R-Orem;
• SB169s2 - Public Meetings Materials Requirements by Sen. Deidre Henderson, R-Spanish Fork;
• SB170s1 - Education Loan Amendments by Sen. Peter Knudson, R-Brigham City;
• HB219 - Veteran's Separation Amendments by Rep. Val Peterson, R-Orem;
• SB79 - Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act by Sen. Hillyard, R-Logan;
• SB88 - Child Interview Amendments by Sen. Ralph Okerlund, R-Monroe;
• SB106 - Workplace Safety Week Designation, Sen. Karen Mayne, D-West Valley City;
• SB209 - Radon Awareness Campaign by Sen. Aaron Osmond, R-South Jordan;
• SB110 - Guardianship Forms for Parents of Disabled Adult Child by Sen. Aaron Osmond, R-South Jordan;
• SB117 - Online Voter Registration Revisions by Sen. Margaret Dayton, R-Orem;
• SB121 - Tobacco Settlement Restricted Account Amendments by Sen. Allen Christensen, R-Ogden;
• SB124 - Financial Institution and Services Amendments by Sen. Curt Bramble, R-Provo;
• SB135 - Voter Registration Amendments - Sen. Scott Jenkins, R-Plain City;
• SB137 - Health Care Professional Truth in Advertising by Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross;
• SB143 - Nail Technician Practice Amendments by Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross;
• SB144 - Driver License Modifications by Sen. John Valentine, R-Orem;
• SB148 - UPSTART Program Amendments by Sen. Stuart Adams, R-Layton;
• SB150 - Education Task Force Reauthorization by Sen. Stuart Reid, R-Ogden;
• SB154 - All-terrain Vehicle Amendments by Sen. Scott Jenkins, R-Plain City;
• SB177 - Sex Offender Amendments by Sen. Jerry Stevenson, R-Layton.