Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Colorado notes first death linked to pot since it became legal

Published April 2, 2014 11:13 am
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Denver • The Denver coroner says an exchange student from Wyoming fell to his death after eating a marijuana cookie, the first reported death linked to marijuana since the drug became legal for recreational use in Colorado in January.

Nineteen-year-old Levy Thamba died after falling from the balcony of a Denver hotel on March 11. An autopsy report released Wednesday says he died from the fall but also lists "marijuana intoxication" as a contributing factor in his death.

Officials at Northwest College in Powell, Wyo., say Thamba, a native of the Republic of Congo, started taking classes there as an exchange student in January.



Police have not released the findings of their investigation.

 

 

 

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus