Ah, that fragrance of burning garbage in the morning. It smells like . . . a West Valley City Fire Department call.
WVCFD spokesman Bob Fitzgerald said crews rushed to the Valley Fair Mall, 3601 S. Constitution Avenue (2700 West), about 6:30 a.m. after employees arriving for work noticed a smoky haze inside the mall.
Firefighters soon found the source of the smoke a smoldering Dumpster. Crews doused the trash bin and set up ventilation fans to clear the air, and the mall opened for its daily business as usual.