Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Woman, 92, dies in Cedar City house fire started by iron

Published April 29, 2014 1:56 pm
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Cedar City • Cedar City fire investigators say an iron left on an ironing board started the blaze at a home where a 92-year-old woman died over the weekend.

Fire Capt. Travis Douglas says Hazel Bulloch died at her home on Sunday. He says it is not yet clear what caused her death.

Cedar City Police Sgt. Jimmy Roden told The St. George Spectrum the flames were so intense that rescuers were unable to enter the home when they first responded about 6:30 p.m. It took crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.



Authorities remained on the scene investigating for about five hours.

Douglas says it will be another week or two before the medical examiner releases results of the pending autopsy.

 

 

 

USER COMMENTS
Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus