Home » News
Home » News

Texas man dies at Rainbow Family Gathering

Published June 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Investigations • Two deaths in two weeks, but foul play is not suspected.
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A Texas man was found dead in his tent Sunday morning at the Rainbow Family Gathering — the second death in two weeks at the mountain location east of Heber.

The body of Timothy R. Gillespie, 68, was turned over to the state medical examiner for an autopsy and official determination, said Deputy Chief Jared Rigby.

Rigby said the sheriff's office does not suspect foul play in connection with Gillespie's death, or in the earlier death of a New Hampshire woman.

Gillespie's friends said they saw him retire to his tent at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday, and grew concerned when he did not come out the next morning, according to a Wasatch County Sheriff's news release. The friends checked on him about 7:30 a.m. and found him deceased on his bed.

Susan M. Wilkinson, 39, of Keene, N.H., was found dead on the morning of June 15 after spending the night sleeping outside, Rigby said.

Like Gillespie, the medical examiner is working on determining her cause of death, Rigby said.


Twitter: @mikeypanda




Reader comments on sltrib.com are the opinions of the writer, not The Salt Lake Tribune. We will delete comments containing obscenities, personal attacks and inappropriate or offensive remarks. Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned. If you see an objectionable comment, please alert us by clicking the arrow on the upper right side of the comment and selecting "Flag comment as inappropriate". If you've recently registered with Disqus or aren't seeing your comments immediately, you may need to verify your email address. To do so, visit disqus.com/account.
See more about comments here.
comments powered by Disqus