• Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, etc.);
• Lingerie stores per capita;
• Adult stores per capita (novelties, videos, etc.);
• Adult entertainment per capita (strip clubs, etc.);
• Massage parlors per capita;
• Hotels per capita;
• Average summer temperature (because, as the Movoto writers put it, "hotter means fewer clothes").
It's only in that last category, of temperature, where Salt Lake City ranked low only 52nd out of the 100 cities on the list.
However, Salt Lake City ranked first in adult entertainment, second in nightlife, second in lingerie stores, third in hotels, fourth in adult stores, and fourth in massage parlors.
Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., took the top spot overall, ahead of Salt Lake City. Behind Salt Lake City are, in order: Richmond, Va.; Tempe, Ariz.; Knoxville, Tenn.; Springfield, Mo.; Huntsville, Ala.; Dayton, Ohio; Tallahassee, Fla.; and Savannah, Ga.