• Walk-on wide receiver Tim Patrick, a 6-foot-5 junior, is listed as a starter. Last week, sophomore Delshawn McClellon was elevated to a starting role, and McClellon has earned high praise from coaches all fall. So has Patrick, though.
• Less than a week after switching from defensive end to linebacker, Pita Taumoepenu is listed as co-starter with Uaea Masina.
• At right tackle, sophomore J.J. Dielman is starter, with Sam Tevi (until recently, a defensive tackle) as backup. At left tackle, Andrew Albers surpasses Marc Pouvave as Jeremiah Poutasi's backup.
• Seni Fauonuku is now alone as starter at one of the defensive tackle spots after a three-way tie between he and Stevie Tu'ikolovatu and Filipo Mokofisi last week. At the nose tackle spot it's still split between Sese Ianu, Lowell Lotulelei and Clint Shepard recently awarded a scholarship after two seasons as a walk-on.
• Wallace Gonzalez is now listed as a co-backup at both left and right end, answering the question of where the former Houston Astros organization player would line up. Gonzalez was a prep standout at tight end.