This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2008, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
* Utah Pride kicks off its annual festival with a reception for Grand Marshal Ralph Becker Friday at 6 p.m. at the Hilton's Trofi restaurant, 255 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City. Tickets are $75 at http://www.utahpride.org or at the door.
* The Salt Lake Art Center will hold a fundraiser to support its education programs Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at the gallery, 20 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City. Activities will include a silent auction, dinner and dancing. Tickets are $175; call 801-328-4201.
* The Children's Center is holding a dinner and auction June 13 at La Caille, 9565 Wasatch Blvd., Sandy, to benefit health care programs for toddlers, preschoolers and families. Tickets are $150; call 801-582-5534 by June 6 to RSVP.
* Human Rights Campaign will host a gala dinner and silent auction June 14 at 6 p.m. at the home of Bruce Bastian, 1384 N. 450 East, Orem. Keynote speaker is actress Kathy Najimy (of "Sister Act," "Hocus Pocus" and the voice of Peggy in "King of the Hill"), along with a performance by Martha Walsh. Proceeds will benefit the cause of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equal rights. Tickets are $175; call 801-971-8995 or visit http://www.hrcutah.org.
* Park City's Egyptian Theatre will hold a fundraiser June 14 at 6 p.m. at 328 Main St. The evening features a silent auction with champagne, hors d'oeuvres and live music by Take Five. Tickets are $125; call 435-649-9371.
* Rocky Mountain Candlelighters for Childhood Cancer announces its fundraiser June 20, 7 p.m. at La Caille, 9565 Wasatch Blvd., Sandy. Activities include dinner, entertainment and auction. Tickets are $100; call 801-487-7844.
* People With AIDS Coalition of Utah will host a charity fashion show July 19 at 6 p.m. at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Tickets are $20, $25 at the door; call 801-484-2205 to RSVP by July 11.
* The Literacy Action Center announces its Jazz On A Summer Evening benefit Aug. 13 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Tony Caputo's, 314 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. There will be a silent auction, light refreshments and live jazz music. Tickets are $40 in advance, $50 at the door; call 801-265-9081.
* Please e-mail news about upcoming nonprofit events to email@example.com.