This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2008, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
The Utah Pride Festival is Friday through Sunday in Salt Lake City, between State Street and Library Square and between 400 South and 500 South.
* The Utah Pride Festival kicks off with a reception for grand marshal, Mayor Ralph Becker, at 6 p.m. at Trophi in the Hilton Hotel, 255 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City.
* The reception will also honor Stan Penfold, executive director of the Utah AIDS Foundation, who will receive the Dr. Kristen Ries Community Service Award; and Rep. Carol Spackman Moss with the Pete Suazo Political Action Award.
* Tickets are $75, available at http://www.utahpride.org.
* Festival events continue at Washington Square at the City-County Building, with concerts on three stages - the Main stage on the north side; the Pride stage on the south side and the Interactive stage on the east side.
* 2 p.m.: Pride interfaith service at the First Unitarian Church, 569 S. 1300 East, Salt Lake City
* 4 p.m.: Rope or Bullets (Main stage); DYKE March at City Creek Park
* 5 p.m.: The Purr Bats (Main stage)
* 6 p.m.: Opening ceremonies (Main stage)
* 6:30 p.m.: Pride concert with Cavedoll (Main stage)
* 7:30 p.m.: Meshell Ndegeocello (Main stage)
* 9 p.m.: DJ Nick James (Main stage)
* 11 p.m.: Gates close
* 10 a.m.: Utah Pride Parade
* Noon: Saliva Sisters (Main stage); Jinga Boa (Pride stage); Poetry Slam (Interactive stage)
* 1 p.m.: Mesa Drive (Main stage); Kid Mandusa (Pride stage)
* 1:45 p.m.: Chaz Prymek (Interactive stage)
* 2 p.m.: Mary Tebbs (Main stage); Bronwen Beecher (Pride stage)
* 2:15 p.m.: Brinton Jones (Interactive stage)
* 3 p.m.: Leraine (Main stage); Cholula (Pride stage); Guitar Hero 3 (Interactive stage)
* 4 p.m.: Salsa Brava (Main stage); Chola (Pride stage)
* 5 p.m.: The Kinsey Sicks (Main stage)