* The Utah Pride Festival kicks off with a reception for grand marshal, Mayor Ralph Becker, at 6 p.m. at Trophi in the Hilton Hotel, 255 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City.
* The reception will also honor Stan Penfold, executive director of the Utah AIDS Foundation, who will receive the Dr. Kristen Ries Community Service Award; and Rep. Carol Spackman Moss with the Pete Suazo Political Action Award.
* Tickets are $75, available at www.utahpride.org.
* Festival events continue at Washington Square at the City-County Building, with concerts on three stages - the Main stage on the north side; the Pride stage on the south side and the Interactive stage on the east side.
* Tickets are $10 for Saturday's events, $5 for Sunday, available by visiting www.utahpride.org. Coming soon will be the Utah Pride Center's and Salt Lake Film Center's "Damn These Heels" Film Festival, which will run June 13-15; for details, visit www.slcfilmcenter.org.
* 2 p.m.: Pride interfaith service at the First Unitarian Church, 569 S. 1300 East, Salt Lake City
* 4 p.m.: Rope or Bullets (Main stage); DYKE March at City Creek Park
* 5 p.m.: The Purr Bats (Main stage)
* 6 p.m.: Opening ceremonies (Main stage)
* 6:30 p.m.: Pride concert with Cavedoll (Main stage)
* 7:30 p.m.: Meshell Ndegeocello (Main stage)
* 9 p.m.: DJ Nick James (Main stage)
* 11 p.m.: Gates close
* 10 a.m.: Utah Pride Parade
* Noon: Saliva Sisters (Main stage); Jinga Boa (Pride stage); Poetry Slam (Interactive stage)
* 1 p.m.: Mesa Drive (Main stage); Kid Mandusa (Pride stage)
* 1:45 p.m.: Chaz Prymek (Interactive stage)
* 2 p.m.: Mary Tebbs (Main stage); Bronwen Beecher (Pride stage)
* 2:15 p.m.: Brinton Jones (Interactive stage)
* 3 p.m.: Leraine (Main stage); Cholula (Pride stage); Guitar Hero 3 (Interactive stage)
* 4 p.m.: Salsa Brava (Main stage); Chola (Pride stage)
* 5 p.m.: The Kinsey Sicks (Main stage)