Fire hits Beaver home

This is an archived article that was published on in 2008, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A Thursday morning fire caused extensive damage to a Beaver house as firefighters battled cold temperatures as well as flames.

Assistant Beaver Fire Chief Jack Erwig said it's believed the fire started in a stove that burns wood pellets and spread through the one-story home's attic space.

No one was home when the fire started, which caused an estimated $200,000 damage.

He said the roof caved in over the living room and there was extensive water damage.

Six engines responded to the fire along with 14 firefighters who took two hours to control the flames.

Colder temperatures made it a bit harder on fire crews, but that it also means the fire does not burn as hot, Erwig said.