Acid spill causes minor burns to woman's arms
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2010, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 36-year-old woman suffered minor burns on her arms Monday morning when a small acid spill occurred at a Salt Lake City business.

Police and fire crews responded to the spill about 9:35 p.m. at Northrop Grumman, 2211 W. North Temple, said Salt Lake City police Detective Pat Wilkinson.

The woman, believed to be an employee, was treated quickly and taken to a hospital as a precaution. The woman was in good condition, Wilkinson said.

Salt Lake City fire spokesman Mark Bednarik said the woman was using Iso-Verre for stripping wire. She suffered second-degree burns, he said.

The spill was small enough that an evacuation was not necessary, Wilkinson said. No other injuries were reported.