The thousands of Utahns who joined the month-long Clear the Air Challenge worked to eliminate more than 134,000 single-occupant trips, which meant nearly 1.6 million miles not traveled by vehicles.
Top individual, team and company prize winners selected from the 6,591 participants were announced Saturday at the Utah State Fair.
Donated prizes included a ski package from the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird Resort, overnight package from Hotel Monaco and Bambara Restaurant, $300 gift package to Deer Valley resort, Real Salt LakeClub tickets and more.
Outstanding team efforts:
• Most Miles and Emissions Saved: L3 Communications
• Most Trips: Goldman Sachs
• Most Participants: Architectural Nexus
• Best Integration of TravelWise Strategies: IHG
• Beyond the Wasatch Front: Zion National Park
• Newcomer of the Year: FFKR Architects
Grand prize winners:
• Most Miles and Emissions Saved: Melanie Gurba
• Most Trips Saved: Kyle Stockley
• Most Consistent Gold: Rob Smith
• Most Consistent Silver: Matt Nelson
• Most Consistent Bronze: Chris Norlem
Outstanding achievement, top three companies:
• Most Miles and Emissions Saved: Fidelity Investments
• Most Trips Saved: ADP, Inc.
• 2012 Corporate Role Model: Overstock.com