This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
New York • A night after an ineffective game, Cody Zeller had 17 points and eight rebounds to lead No. 1 Indiana to an 82-72 overtime win against Georgetown in the title game of the Legends Classic tournament on Tuesday night.
Jordan Hulls had 17 points for Indiana (5-0) and Yogi Ferrell had 14, including seven in overtime. His last points came on a 3-pointer he released just before the shot clock ran out, giving Indiana a 10-point lead with about a minute to go and, finally, clinching a game the Hoosiers almost had wrapped up in regulation.
Butler 82, No. 9 North Carolina 71 • At Lahaina, Hawaii, Rotnei Clarke and Kellen Dunham each scored 17 points to lead the unranked Bulldogs, who jumped out to a 17-point halftime lead and held back several second-half surges from the Tar Heels.
Top 25 scores
• No. 1 Indiana 82, Georgetown 72 (OT)
• No. 7 Florida 58, Savannah State 40
• Butler 82, No. 9 North Carolina 71
• No. 11 Ucla 60, Georgia 56
• No. 12 Kansas 73, Saint Louis 59
• No. 14 Creighton 105, Longwood 57
• No. 15 Michigan State 74, Boise State 70
• No. 22 Cincinnati 91, Campbell 72