Discussion on the rules of using raptors to hunt wild game in Utah will be the focus of a series of Regional Advisory Council meetings scheduled throughout the state in the next two weeks.
The RAC meetings are scheduled at each of the five regions in the state to allow public input on proposals from Utah Division of Wildlife Resources biologists and issues before final decisions are made by the Utah Wildlife Board. After the meetings, the Wildlife Board will meet in Salt Lake City on Jan. 10 to hear comments from the regional meetings and then set the Utah 2013 Falconry Guidebook.
Scheduled meetings are:
• Central Region, Dec. 4, 6:30 p.m., Springville Public Library, 45 S. Main St., Springville
• Northern Region, Dec. 5, 6 p.m., Brigham City Community Center, 24 N. 300 West, Brigham City
• Southern Region, Dec. 11, 7 p.m., Beaver High School, 195 E. Center St., Beaver
• Southeastern Region, Dec. 12, 6:30 p.m., College of Eastern Utah, Arts and Events Center, 715 W. 200 South, Blanding
• Northeastern Region, Dec. 13, 6:30 p.m., Division of Wildlife Resources, 318 N. Vernal Ave., Vernal
Proposals for the 2013 guide can be viewed at the DWR's website, wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/.
Comments on the proposals can also be sent to RAC representatives using email addresses listed at www.wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/rac-members.html.