Rodeo • Utah saddle bronc riders fail to post score in Round 5.
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Las Vegas • The Wright brothers went 0-for-3 Monday night.
Neither Cody Wright, Jesse Wright nor Jake Wright posted a score the saddle bronc event during Round 5 of the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo at the Thomas & Mack Center.
The brothers, all from Milford, Utah, were not alone.
Only three of 15 cowboys managed to complete their eight-second rides.
The no-score dropped Cody Wright, a two-time world champion, from first to third in the average standings.
In other events:
• Defending world champion Kaycee Feild of Payson and first-time NFR qualifier Caleb Bennett of Morgan failed to place in the bareback. Feild ended up seventh with a score of 82.5. He missed a top-six finish for the first time but maintained his lead in the average. Bennett posted a score of 66.5 and placed 12th.
• Clint Robinson of Spanish Fork tied for second place in the tie-down roping with a time of 7.5 seconds. Robinson earned $12,664 for his effort, meaning he has pocketed $31,215 over the last three nights.
• Tom Lewis of Lehi posted a time of 4.1 seconds and finished in a three-way tie for third in steer wrestling. Now eighth in the average, Lewis earned $7,754 with his best finish so far at the National Finals.
• Kelli Tolbert of Hooper did not place in barrel racing after posting a time of 18.93 seconds. In the first four rounds, she had a pair of runner-up finishes and a sixth-place finish, which earned her $31,802.
• Tag Elliott of Thatcher, another first-time NFR qualifier, did not score in the bull riding.
The Wrangler National Finals Rodeo runs through Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.