Christmas tree sparks duplex fire in Wendover

This is an archived article that was published on in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Two families were displaced Sunday morning after a Christmas tree sparked a duplex fire in Wendover.

Tooele County deputies said the blaze started about 7:35 a.m. at 239 Moreah Ave., and when they arrived they found one side fully engulfed in flames. The fire spread to the neighboring unit.

The fire destroyed one unit and damaged about 80 percent of the second. Authorities did not immediately have a dollar estimate of damage.

Deputies said one of the residents said the blaze started when their Christmas tree caught fire.

The Red Cross was assisting both families.

Twitter @sltribjanelle