This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
A fire triggered by a faulty portable heating unit destroyed an RV early Saturday at Utah Lake's Lindon Boat Harbor.
The RV owner was trying light the heater when something went wrong and it burst into flames about 6:45 a.m., Lindon police officer David Welker said.
The owner, whose name was not released, escaped without injury, although he was transported to a local hospital as a precaution. The man had been temporarily living in the RV, Welker said.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, but not before a boat and a trailer were damaged. Early estimates place the total damage at $9,500, Welker said.
The Lindon Boat Harbor is part of a private development on Utah Lake.