This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
• Metallic hip-hop band Hollywood Undead performs tonight at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 6:30. Tickets are $19.50, at Smith's Tix.
• Pioneer Theatre Company's production of "The Philadelphia Story" premieres tonight at the Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre, 300 S. 1400 East, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 tonight, and runs through Jan. 26. Tickets available at the PTC website.
• Violinist Tobias Feldmann performs Sibelius' Violin Concerto with the Utah Symphony, tonight and Saturday at Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Works by Grieg, Kodaly and Enescu are also on the bill, under guest conductor Gilbert Varga. Shows start at 8 p.m. Tickets available at ArtTix.
• Country-rock group The Randy Rogers Band performs tonight at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Wade Bowen. Show starts at 9. The show is sold out.
• Rock band Augustana performs an acoustic set tonight at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Lauren Shera. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
• New York rapper Heems (of the just-broken-up group Das Racist) performs tonight at The Metro Bar, 540 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $12, at Smith's Tix.
• Rock band The Used headlines the "Take Action Tour 2013," Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: We Came As Romans, Mindflow. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $27.50 in advance, $30 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix or at 24Tix.
• Writer/actor Anna Deavere Smith, called the pioneer of "documentary theater," presents a solo performance Saturday at the Eccles Center, 1750 Kearns Blvd., Park City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets, from $20 to $67, available at the Eccles website.
• Cash'd Out, a Johnny Cash tribute band, performs Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $15, at the venue's website.