This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Hey, gun owners:
• President Barack Obama is not coming for your guns. The government doesn't want your guns.
• You don't need an assault rifle to shoot Bambi or protect your castle.
• Teachers don't want to be armed. One armed school cop at every school.
• Schools should be protected like airports, courts and arenas: Screen everyone with a metal detector.
• There are too many guns out there already, and they can easily get into the wrong hands.
• More security is obviously needed; military-style assault weapons are not.
Gun owners and the almighty National Rifle Association, step up and be part of the solution, not the problem.
Common sense to protect our children and citizenry is needed here. Get smart.