This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Salt Lake City crews will close 300 East between 400 and 500 South from March 1-May 29 for improvements that coincide with the completion of Salt Lake City's new Public Safety Building.
While closed, the one-block stretch of 300 East will undergo major improvements, including:
• Installation of public art on the corner of 300 East and 500 South.
• Reconfiguration of 300 East, narrowing it to one lane in each direction and adding a bike lane in each direction.
• Addition of a mid-street island.
• Addition of rain gardens and trees along the sidewalks.
• Installation of a midblock crossing to connect the new public plaza to Library Square.
Questions regarding the closure should be directed to Chad Jones at 801-597-1832 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Salt Lake City Public Safety Building is a voter-approved project begun in 2011 and scheduled for opening in summer 2013.