This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
The NFL Scouting Combine begins this Thursday, and two Aggies will have a chance to work on their draft stock in Indianapolis.
Runningback Kerwynn Williams will have on-field workouts Saturday on NFL Network, and cornerback Will Davis will work out with the defensive backs on Tuesday, Feb. 26. All workout broadcasts start on NFL network at 7 a.m. MT.
Headed into the Combine, both Williams and Davis are strong candidates to get drafted in April. Here's what some analysts and draftniks are saying about them:
• Davis is graded as a middle-round selection by NFL.com on the promise of his tools and athleticism, while Williams is judged to be a late-round prospect based mostly on his kick return and versatile playmaking ability.
• Davis is still among Mel Kiper's top five cornerbacks, but not Mike Mayock's.
• Phil Savage, the executive director of the Senior Bowl, evaluates Davis' performance from his week in Mobile.
• Dan Kadar of Mocking the Draft says the talent level at defensive back drops off after his top 6 prospects, and Davis is the first one out of that elite group.
• Could Williams be one of the fastest prospects at the Combine? Bleacher Report speculates.
• One Chargers blogger sees Kerwynn Williams as the second coming of Darren Sproles.
Check out the Combine coverage starting on Thursday on NFL Network.