This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
The first Salt Lake Comic Con has landed the biggest fish in the geek universe: Willilam Shatner.
Shatner tweeted the news on Wednesday: "So Salt Lake City, I'm coming to your first Comicon."
Shatner is, of course, the original James Tiberius Kirk from the "Star Trek" TV series and seven movies. He's also known for the cop show "T.J. Hooker," authoring the TekWar sci-fi book series, and being the spokesman for Priceline.com.
The Salt Lake Comic Con is set for Sept. 5-7 at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy. Other celebrities scheduled to appear are (in alphabetical order):
• Actress Tia Carrere ("Wayne's World," "Relic Hunter")
• Actress Claire Coffee ("Grimm")
• Actor Lou Ferrigno ("The Incredible Hulk" TV series)
• Actor Jonathan Frakes (Cmdr. William T. Riker on "Star Trek: The Next Generation")
• Actor Richard Hatch ("Battlestar Galactica," both versions)
• Comic-book artist Tyler Kirkham
• Actress Sofia Milos ("CSI")
• Author Brandon Mull ("Fablehaven")
• Comic-book writer Ryan Ottley
• Actor Kevin Sorbo ("Hercules: The Legendary Journeys," "Andromeda")
• Comic-book artist Arthur Suydam