This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Salt Lake City is looking for a few good volunteers, including families and groups, to help with parks and trails, concerts, and even the police and fire departments.
Residents looking for fun volunteer projects can make arrangements through Salt Lake City Volunteer Coordinator Savannah Wake at email@example.com or 801-535-6202.
Among the opportunities are:
• July 11, 6:30-8 p.m., filling the playground with new mulch at Wasatch Hollow Park, 1675 E. 1700 South
• July 17, 9 a.m. to noon, weed eradication near The Gateway Mall, 230 S. 500 West
• July 12-27, grand opening of the new Public Safety Building
• July 11-Aug. 29 , the Twilight Concert Series on Thursday nights
• Help move the Fire Department to the new Public Safety Building. Shifts are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to noon.