On a hot summer night, check out some cool art at the monthly Salt Lake Gallery Stroll, set for tonight from 6 to 9 at participating galleries in and around downtown Salt Lake City.
Here are some highlights:
• "Nature's Echoes" features three artists who use nature as inspiration in different ways: landscape photographer Jeff Clay, painter Blaine Clayton and jeweler Ruth Kadas. The show opens at Local Colors, 1054 E. 2100 South.
• Sculptor Adam Thomas Rees' colorful animals and abstract three-dimensional works of polymer clay are featured at A Gallery, 1321 S. 2100 East.
• Dan Christofferson celebrates the Beehive State with "Utah, You're a Babe," a show of "modestly framed artwork, carbonated soda pop and a public, steamy affair with our nation's 45th (and cutest) state." That's at Blonde Grizzly, 213 E. 300 South.
• The SLC Photo Collective, at 561 W. 200 South, celebrates its second anniversary by having 25 local photographers each submit one large print that epitomizes their style.
• Alexi Paparo's show "[LINES of SPACE]" features works that "explore the intersections of lines, implied or actual, as a mode of defining and creating spatial relationships." It's on display at Caffe Niche, 779 E. 300 South.
For a full list of galleries, go to gallerystroll.org.