This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
Utah State seems to buzzing this week as a possible upset special.
I've picked the Aggies to win 21-17 - a decision I am wildly swinging back and forth on after watching more of the USC defense - but it looks like I'm not the only one.
• Sports' Illustrated's Stewart Mandel picks the Aggies as his weekly upset special, 27-24 for Utah State.
• HeismanPundit's Chris Huston, who used to work at USC, picks the Aggies in a 31-28 win.
• Eddie George, picking for Yahoo, puts USC on upset alert in this video, citing Chuckie Keeton as the main threat.
Other more local football writers and analysts have also picked out Utah State to win. Of course, not every expert leans this way. Among the more notable:
• ESPN Pac-12 bloggers Kevin Gemmell and Ted Miler both pick the Trojans to win, with Miller calling for a 30-17 victory.
• My colleague Kurt Kragthorpe predicts a score of 24-17 for USC.
As of Friday afternoon, ESPN's Pick Center just more than 50 percent of sportsbooks favoring USC to cover the 6.5-point spread.
After all, it can't be an upset if everyone picks the underdog to win.
Kyle Goonkgoon@sltrib.comTwitter: @kylegoon