This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2016, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
"Rush Hour" (9 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2), which is based on the 1998 Jackie Chan-Chris Tucker movie, pairs a by-the-book Hong Kong police detective (Jon Foo) with a maverick LAPD detective (Justin Hires). In the premiere, they investigate the theft of Chinese artifacts.
I am not for a moment suggesting that this is a great show. It's sort of ridiculous and over-the-top.
But … I enjoyed it. It's entertaining in a none-too-challenging kind of way. I like the stars, and the action/martial arts sequences are pretty cool.
It's not Shakespeare. But then, not everything has to be Shakespeare. There's room for big, dumb fun.
Elsewhere on TV ...
• "The Big Bang Theory" (7 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): Amy is shocked at a revelation from Sheldon after she buys him a new laptop.
• "Grey's Anatomy" (7 p.m., ABC/Ch. 4): Meredith gets closer to Will; Amelia reassesses her relationship with Owen; Catherine stirs the pot when visiting Jackson and April.
• "You, Me and the Apocalypse" (7 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): The end of the world approaches and the race to the bunker begins. (Season finale)
• "American Idol" (7 p.m., Fox/Ch. 13): The final three singers perform.
• "D.C.'s Legends of Tomorrow" (7 p.m., CW/Ch. 30): Ray, Sara and Kendra stranded for months in the '50s decide they must move on with their lives.
• "Project Runway: All-Stars" (7 and 9 p.m., Lifetime): Modern looks are created for classic fairy tale characters.
• NBA (7 p.m., ROOT): Golden State Warriors at Utah Jazz
• "Life In Pieces" (7:30 and 8 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): Tim thinks wearing a Cinderella dress during the NCAA basketball tournament is good luck, so he refuses to take it off; John and Joan reveal a shocking secret they've kept for 35 years. (Season finale)
• "Scandal" (8 p.m., ABC/Ch. 4): Damaging info on an opponent falls into Olivia's hands after the first Republican debate.
• "2 Broke Girls" (8:30 p.m., CBS/Ch. 2): Caroline signs away the rights to her life story so it can be turned a movie.
• "The Catch" (9 p.m., ABC/Ch. 4): Alice is hired by a man wrongly imprisoned for killing his wife, but she loses focus when she tries to locate Ben.
• "Shades of Blue" (9 p.m., NBC/Ch. 5): Harlee makes a deal with Stahl to spare her crew in exchange for her immunity. (Season finale)
• "Vikings" (11 p.m., History): Ragnar plans another raid on Paris; Ecbert dispatches Aethelwulf and Alfred on a pilgrimage to Rome.
• "The Real World: Go Big Or Go Home" (11 p.m., MTV): Dione stirs up drama after sleeping with Kailah; a roommate may have to leave because of an injury.